Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Travel Tales: London

via Sarah Koltova

This past June I was lucky enough to take a trip to a place I have always dreamed of going to, London. Although the trip was mostly about looking at potential colleges I want to apply to, specifically King's College, which is my absolute dream school, we did find some time to explore the city and take comfort in sampling some classic British fare like Fish & Chips. London has always been a place I have felt a strange connection to and when I first stepped out of the airport I finally understood why. Hidden beneath the overcast clouds is an absolutely breathtaking city with interesting people and a history that dates back hundreds of years. My favorite thing about the city was the cosmopolitan vibe- millions of people from all different ethnic backgrounds living together in a peaceful coexistence- similar to NYC. While there, I had the opportunity to visit sights like London Bridge, The Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abby and most importantly Buckingham Palace which was an absolute dream- truly breathtaking. The Palace screamed royalty and all I could think about while I stood in front of it was the beautiful wedding that took place just a few months earlier... I think you all know which one I am referring to.


In addition to taking in the sights and sounds of London we also had the opportunity to visit Windsor, a lovely English Borough that houses Windsor Castle, the offical residence of the Queen! Although I was not lucky enough to catch a glimpse of any royals,  I did have time to stop into a gift shop and pick up some tea for my best friend Allison commemorating the recent Royal nuptials as well as enjoy the company of some adorable British boys (another reason why London is so appealing). Overall, my trip to London confirmed that it's definitely a place I can see myself studying and living and has made me even more excited about applying to colleges there (with any luck this time next year I will be getting ready to make my move across the pond!)


Windsor Castle
Windsor


Westminster Abby

London Bridge

Buckingham Palace

Buckingham Palace

Stay Preppy xoxo,
Klaudia




No comments:

Post a Comment